a.k.a. it was aliens! Some time ago I made myself a UFO-sweater! Somehow I managed to go almost 38 years without one. I bought an appliqué (via Etsy*) and sew it onto a sweater. Or, first I carefully ironed it and then as it did not stick everywhere I went with plan B and sew it. *) Always Etsy. Late at night. But small birds that have their stores on that platform have told me most of their sales do happen at night so I am not alone in this world after all! The skirt is handmade by me late last year. Still have enough of the same fabric to make pants but those are very much still in their folded-fabric state, safely tucked away in a pile of other awesome fabrics. (Kind of like the KITTY FABRIC FROM 2021 . Ta-F:ing-da! But as I remembered that it still exists it might very well be that it turns into a skirt or so this year.)
I got myself a present - Earrings from Mine Güngör ! I have been eyeing her designs for some time but not being able to choose a pair, until I saw these fans in a collection sneak peek on instagram. This tassel-version of the Flo-earrings did not end up in the actual collection but I got to buy this pair anyway and they are fabulous! And to imagine I used to go more than a decade without big and bold earrings, hah! Earrings would be translated "ear-hangs" in Swedish (and a little more fancy as "ear jewellery" in Finnish, in case you felt you had to know) and when Dag was younger he got it confused; once he grabbed a pair of my earrings, hanged them by the hook from the top of his ears and said "Look mom, I also have hang-ears!! " ("Hängöron"...) Speaking of "hanging ears", I do have an issue with big earrings still and that is if they are heavy- I had extension plugs in the 00's (sigh) that I never stretched that big (phew), and t...
Comments
Post a Comment